Monday, May 21, 2012

A weekend at home.... the other one, I mean.

Ah... Sewjourn....
Each time we go to Sewjourn, it feels more like home. 

It's a haven where time and routine don't exist.  Or... at least not until about 2pm on Sunday, when the buzz of sewing machines takes on a somewhat desperate pitch as we all silently begin to realise that it's nearly time to go back to real life (... but not yet....I just want to finish this...).

Despite Lara's husband's advice, it was actually perfectly alright to stay up too late. 
And it was also perfectly normal to be up at the crack of dawn, sewing in pj's.  (Some of us were up quite a bit later, having been sewing until ridiculously close to the crack of dawn.)
 And it was absolutely bloomin' marvellous to be able to sew all day! 

There were loads of finished garments and lots of sharing of ideas and knowledge.
Lara's scrap box was the scrap box that kept on giving.....

Annie was quilting up a storm ...and a rather fetching grey knit top (not from the scrap box).

Megan was paper-piecing an amazing shades-of-red piece, which I failed to photograph adequately.
 And I somehow found myself slipping to the dark (and scrappy) side.

Oops.


Thank you - once again - to Kathryn, Rachel, Annie, Lara, Megan, Karen and Tanya - for being the remarkable women that you are.  I can't wait until November so we can do it all over again.

12 comments:

Tania said...

GOOD.

That's exactly the medicine I would have prescribed for you. And for me too - this weekend!

thornberry said...

It was great. And I love the photos!

A Peppermint Penguin said...

How much do I want to come to Sewjourn...

Ann Ferguson said...

What fun!!

our shabby cottage said...

I was a great weekend, the photos are wonderful Nikki. My eldest said, "gee, that is a big mess" when he saw the photos!

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like so much fun!

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

It looks fabulous!

Like a more intimate version of our Annual Retreat with NOTYQ, which is 80 women for 3 days, all meals provided.
Our show and tell on the Sunday afternoon generally goes for an hour.

It is so much fun to be around all varieties of "making", (and working with scraps is addictive).

Anonymous said...

OUr annual Crafty Mamas retreat is only 8 weeks away. We SA girls get a road trip with lots of coffee and op shops too as an added bonus. Can't wait. I know how good these weekends are. Glad that it was fab!

Tas

Tanya said...

I wish I could say sleep is so over rated...and mean it! Playing catch up here, but all worth it! Lovely photos- I didn't see any mess...

Fer said...

This is what I hope heaven will be! ;)

Lisa H said...

Oh, I am so envious of you and the other ladies. Looks like and fun and productive time was had by all.

rachelmp said...

It was tops!